Sale Type: Consignment   --   Sold!
Awards: NCRS-Duntov Mark of Excellence Award on July 17, 2010. Original paperwork includes: Order Information Letter from Anderson Auto Company, Inc., dated September 10, 1966; “New Vehicle Delivery Inspection and Adjustment Report” dated October 29, 1966, and signed by Rex Graves; Tank Sticker; Owner Protect-o-Plate, Oklahoma Vehicle Inspection Certificates documenting mileage and original tag registrations since 1968.
Options: 4-speed transmission, 3:08 positraction rear axle, power steering, speed warning indicator, tinted glass, factory radio suppression with dealer installed AM-FM radio.
Color: Ermine White
This 1967 Central Office Production Order (COPO) was one of thirteen ordered by Anderson Chevrolet Auto Company, Inc, 147 W. 5th Street, Wahoo, Nebraska 68066, for the Omaha Tangier Shrine Corvette Patrol of Omaha, Nebraska.
The COPO “SHRINER” Corvette has the original paint (Ermine White Code 972), original interior (Bright Blue Vinyl Code 414), original 327 CID / 300 HP engine, 4-speed transmission, 3:08 positraction rear axle, power steering, speed warning indicator, tinted glass, factory radio suppression with dealer installed AM-FM radio. Original paperwork includes: Order Information Letter from Anderson Auto Company, Inc., dated September 10, 1966; “New Vehicle Delivery Inspection and Adjustment Report” dated October 29, 1966, and signed by Rex Graves; Tank Sticker; Owner Protect-o-Plate, Oklahoma Vehicle Inspection Certificates documenting mileage and original tag registrations since 1968.
The car was built on Thursday, October 27, 1966, and inspected at the St. Louis plant on Saturday, October 29, 1966, for customer plant delivery on Friday, November 11, 1966, to Shrine member Lamon F. (Bud) Andrews, who along with other Corvette Patrol members traveled to St. Louis to pick up their new 1967 Corvettes (have picture that documents the pick-up at the St. Louis plant). Bud Andrews was a member of the Corvette Patrol for about 10 years.
The Omaha Tangier Shrine Corvette Patrol was organized in 1956 and the Chevrolet Corvette was chosen as the Official car of the Patrol. The Corvette Patrol was recognized as the Official escort and parade unit of the Tangier Shrine Temple of Omaha, Nebraska. The original Corvette Patrol membership was limited to 11 members and the first COPO Shriner Corvettes were special ordered in 1957 through Shrine member Garwood Anderson’s Chevrolet dealership in Wahoo, Nebraska. Every year for the next 25 years a fleet of the newest Corvettes were ordered with delivery at the St. Louis plant until plant delivery was discontinued. The Corvette Patrol membership varied from 10 to 20 members over the years and the Corvettes were always convertibles through 1975.
In August of 1967 the Corvette Patrol ordered their fleet of 1968 COPO Corvettes. The 1967 Corvettes were sold and Bud Andrews’ Corvette went to Oklahoma and remained in Oklahoma until the current owners purchased the car from Bill and Carolyn Mock of Bartlesville, OK on February 21, 2004. Bill and Carolyn originally purchased the car on April 11, 1975, with approximately 36,000 actual miles. The Vehicle Inspection Certificates indicate that the car had 36,073 miles on October 26, 1974, and 36, 941 miles on October 23, 1075. During the period Bill and Carolyn owned the car, the Vette was a part of the “92 Special Collection, Celebration 67 at Bloomington Gold” (have pictures, “the Special Colletion IX” Program and letter from William Locke document participation); The October 1992 issue of Vette Vues Magazine contained the “Special Collection” highlights and the Shriner Vette is featured on pages 50 and 51 (have copies of Vette Vues October issue available for documentation); and, Volume Twenty, Number 1 “Summer of 1993” of The Corvette Restorer Magazine pictured the Vette with Bill and Carolyn featured on the Cover with the article containing the history of the car on pages 12 and 13 (have two copies of the Magazine for documentation).
The car had 40,304 original miles when purchased from Bill and Carolyn on February 21, 2004, and had not be driven since August 3, 1993, as documented by the Vehicle Inspection Certificate. The current owners are members of NCRS and the Southeast Chapter of the NCRS and they went through the NCRS judging process and were awarded the NCRS-Duntov Mark of Excellence Award on July 17, 2010. This Corvette is one of 1,003 Corvettes to have achieved this award as of the 2015 NCRS Nationals (reference NCRS web page judging awards). The NCRS does not keep a list of unrestored Corvettes that achieve this prestigious award but we do not believe the total is very high since most of the Corvettes that receive this award are restored Corvettes. At the May 12/15, 2005, Southeast Chapter NCRS Regional in Bowling Green, KY at the Corvette Museum we ran into a little bad luck, along with several NCRS members, when a hail storm came through Bowling Green and damaged the original top and windshield. We were fortunate because a lot of cars sustained significant damage and we only had to replace the top and windshield. We submitted an article to The Corvette Restorer Magazine and the article was published on pages 47, 48 and 49 in Volume 34, Number 2, Fall 2007 (have copies of this Magaine for documentation). As of February 12, 2016, the Corvette has 44,395 original miles. All awards and documentation will go with the sale of this COPO Shriner Corvette. Also, a Giclée print of the original that we commissioned Dana Forrester to paint, with the COPO Shriner Corvette in front of Anderson Chevrolet will be included in the sale.